Ratatouille ChickenFrom tastebud 6 years ago
- olive oil shopping list
- salt/pepper shopping list
- chicken (1-1/4# boneless, skinless, I use thighs) shopping list
- 1 med eggplant, 1/2" chop shopping list
- 1 med zucchini, 1/2 " chop shopping list
- 1 med onion, med chop shopping list
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- Dried Herbs- shopping list
- 1Tbsp total=Italian herbs+Crushed fennel seeds+Thyme shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 8 oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 1/4" anchovy paste (or more) shopping list
- 1+T tomato paste shopping list
- balsamic vinegar shopping list
- Garnish-chopped parsley, grated parmesan cheese (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Salt, Pepper and brown the chicken in a large skillet with 1 1/2 T Olive Oil, remove to a plate.
- Add Olive oil if needed to the skillet, add the onions and herbs and saute until getting soft, add the garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add the Eggplant and Zucchini and cook until getting slightly soft (10-15")
- Add the Tomato sauce, Anchovy Paste, Tomato Paste and Chicken Stock, cook for 10".
- Add Chicken (+ chicken stock if needed) and cook for 10" (until chicken is cooked)
- Remove chicken to a plate, add a splast of Balsamic Vinegar and turn off the heat. Adjust seasonings.
- Serve the chicken under the veggies (topped with a little parmesan chese and parsley if desired)