Pasta With Clams And Soy SauceFrom inmaculada 7 years ago
- 1 pound pasta (I used squid-ink flavored pasta) shopping list
- 1 pound fresh clams shopping list
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 green onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- ½ tsp flour shopping list
- ½ cup white wine shopping list
- ½ cup fish stock shopping list
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (optional) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Fresh grated parsley shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Steam clams, discard shells and reserve meat. Drain liquid and reserve too.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet and sauté onion and garlic. Do not brown.
- Add flour to skillet, mix well and cook on low heat for 1 minute. Pour white wine on skillet, let alcohol evaporate and add fish stock as well as the reserved clam liquid. Boil on slow heat for 5 minutes or until sauce starts to thick, stirring constantly. Turn heat off and add soy sauce if used.
- Add reserved clams to skillet and mix well; salt and pepper to taste. Be careful since soy sauce and stock are already salty. Keep warm.
- Boil pasta in salt water until cooked but firm. Drain.
- Arrange pasta on a serving plate, add clam sauce and toss. Sprinkle grated parsley, cheese and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on top.