Apple Cheese OmeletFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 1 tsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tsp sugar, divided shopping list
- To taste cinnamon shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp water shopping list
- 2 tbsp cheddar cheese or swiss cheese, shredded shopping list
- Optional cinnamon sugar or icing sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a 8-inch nonstick skillet with sloping sides, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add apple slices in a layer.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp sugar and cinnamon, to taste.
- Cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs,
- 1 tsp sugar and water.
- Beat with a fork until eggs are just blended.
- Pour over apples in skillet.
- Stir with a spatula to allow egg mixture to cover bottom of pan.
- Use spatula to gently push cooked portions to the center, tilting skillet to allow uncooked egg to flow into empty spaces.
- When egg is almost set on surface, sprinkle cheese over half of omelette.
- Slip spatula under unfilled side, fold over filling and slide onto serving plate.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or icing sugar, if desired, and serve immediately.