DIP DIP DIP Easy Yogurt DipFrom vindee 9 years ago
- curd (yogurt) – 250ml shopping list
- Cream – 1 tbsp (20-30 % fat) shopping list
- garlic – 3-4 cloves / finely chopped shopping list
- green chili – 1-2 / finely chopped shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon (increase or decrease as required) shopping list
- fresh coriander leaves – 2-3 tbsp/ finely chopped shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Hang the curd (yogurt) in cheesecloth for 2-3 hours till all the whey drips out. If you have Greek yogurt, then you may not need to hang it.
- Whisk the curd till smooth. Add the cream and lemon juice and whisk well again.(Omit the cream for a fat-free version; the dip still tastes great)
- Add all the remaining ingredients, and mix in well with a spoon. Adjust seasoning (lemon juice, salt etc).
- Put in a bowl, garnish with a sprig of fresh coriander.
- Serve with chips, crudites (steamed vegetables like broccoli, baby corn, cheese sticks, baby carrots etc)
- Note:Sometimes I include it as a sauce in a grilled chicken/cottage cheese (paneer) wrap as well; in which case, I saute some sliced onions, bell peppers & capsicum to the wrap with the chicken/paneer & top it off with the dip. Adds a real burst of flavour!
The Cookvindee Gurgaon, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!