Matzah Brei light and airy pancakesFrom recipediva 7 years ago
- For each person use: shopping list
- 1 matzah board shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- fry pan with oil to fry and you may need to keep adding oil for making several batches. shopping list
- Toppings: shopping list
- syrup shopping list
- maple syrup shopping list
- jelly shopping list
- pie filling shopping list
- brown sugar and cinnamon shopping list
- Okay, ketchup, heinz of course. shopping list
How to make it
- Break matzos in a large bowl and pour hot water over them.
- After a couple of minutes, pour water off, squeeze surplus water out, add other ingredients and mix well.
- Place oil in fry pan to heat, add mixture all at once and flatten out into a large cake. You can cut it in the pan while it is cooking, or make small individual ones. I always make individual ones. Per one serving you get maybe 3 cakes.
- Flip it when it starts getting crusty and I like mine very brown and crispy underneath.
- Don't worry if you can't flip the whole thing at once, I can't either. Why I make small ones. Like 3 to a pan
- Cook through until well done but still soft but crunchy.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup. Or just brown sugar or cinnamon on top, fruit topping, jelly or my favorite Ketchup! lol I KNOW I KNOW...
- I love this stuff...almost as much as potato pancakes
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating2 people
I am so happy that I 'Stumbled' onto this recipe!
Thank-you so much for sharing what I just know to be a "5"FORK!!!!! Winner...!
My Mother use to cook with Matzah and we children
really liked it.
~~~ mjcmcook ~~~
moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it