Tamale PieFrom momofonesofar 5 years ago
- 1 quart leftover homemade chili shopping list
- cornbread Topping: shopping list
- 1/3 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup nonfat buttermilk (powdered is fine) or sour milk shopping list
How to make it
- Bring the chili to a boil over medium heat. Simmer for a few minutes so that it is good and hot. Transfer the chili to a heat-proof baking pan.
- Meanwhile mix up the Cornbread Topping. In a medium bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar and salt. In a large measuring cup combine the egg substitute, oil and buttermilk. Stir this to a nice froth and pour it into the cornmeal and flour mixture. Mix the batter to a thick consistency. Drop it by spoonfuls onto the hot chili mixture. Bake the pie at 400° for 20 minutes. The cornbread should be golden brown, and puffy.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- momofonesofar SC
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmomofonesofar SC
- Not added to any groups yet!