Yellow and Red Bell Peppers Filled with AlbacoreFrom chefmeow 10 years ago
- 10 yellow bell peppers cut lengthwise into thirds shopping list
- 10 red bell peppers cut lengthwise into thirds shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves pressed shopping list
- 2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 cans albacore tuna packed in water and drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 5 tablespoons drained capers shopping list
- 1 cup olives shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange peppers skin side up in broiler pan and broil until thickened.
- Wrap in paper bag and let stand 10 minutes to steam then peel and pat dry.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice and garlic in large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add peppers and marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Drain peppers reserving marinade.
- Combine tuna, chopped parsley and capers in another bowl breaking up tuna with a fork.
- Mix in enough reserved marinade to season to taste.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 tablespoon tuna mixture on inside of each piece of pepper at one end.
- Roll up then arrange seam side down on serving platter.
- Pour remaining marinade over rolls.
- Garnish with olives before serving.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!