Easy lemon chickenFrom momofonesofar 6 years ago
How to make it
- First prepare your leg-quarters. Cut off the backs if desired. They may be saved and used for soup stock. Remove the skin and all of the chunks of fat around the edges. If desired you may cut the legs and thighs apart with a sharp knife or poultry shears. It takes about 4 leg-quarters to make 3 to 3-1/2-pounds of chicken.
- At this point you can marinate the chicken in the lemon juice for an hour or overnight if desired. This improves the flavor, but isn't strickly necessary.
- Arrange the chicken in a large shallow baking dish, like a cookie sheet. Sprinkle each piece with salt and pepper. Dribble on the lemon juice. Bake the chicken at 375° for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear when you poke the biggest piece with a fork. If the juices are still pink or red colored then put the chicken back into the oven and cook it some more. For extra flavor you can baste the chicken with the lemon flavored pan juices every 15 minutes or so. Either way The chicken still turns out really good.
- This dish is very easy to prepare and tastes good enough for company.
The Cookmomofonesofar SC
- Not added to any groups yet!