Sweet and Sour PorkFrom momofonesofar 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons oil or bacon grease shopping list
- 3 or 4 pork chops, cut from the bone, into bite size pieces shopping list
- 1 green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, sliced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons each sugar and vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon each ginger and garlic powder shopping list
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained shopping list
- Reserved pineapple juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- Plain cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- First cut the pork into small pieces. You will need about 3/4 pound of meat. I usually use 4 small pork chops, or 2 large ones. I cut the meat off of the bone, remove most of the fat, and chop the lean meat into pieces the size of a half dollar, only more square, and less round.
- Heat the oil or bacon grease in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the pork and stir fry it for a good ten minutes. Add the onion and green pepper. Continue cooking until the vegetables are tender-crisp, about 3 or 4 minutes. Sprinkle the sugar over top of the contents of the skillet and stir it in.
- While the pork and veggies are cooking, measure the pineapple juice. Add enough water to the juice, to measure 3/4 cup liquid, total. Combine this with the vinegar and soy sauce. Add the cornstarch, and stir until it dissolves. Pour this liquid into the skillet after you add the sugar. Measure in the ginger and garlic powder. Stir it all up and allow it to boil. Cook and stir as the sauce boils for one minute. Gently add the pineapple. Serve this over hot bowls of cooked rice.
The Cookmomofonesofar SC
- Not added to any groups yet!