Sweet And Sour ChickenFrom coffeebean53 6 years ago
- 6 or 8oz (168 or 224g) boneless-skinless, chicken breast shopping list
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces shopping list
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) cornstarch shopping list
- 3/4 cup (200ml / 147g) fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces shopping list
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) brown sugar substitute shopping list
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) ketchup shopping list
- 1/2 tomato, seeded and diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125ml) low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- Nonfat cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Cut chicken into strips or 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces.
- Coat skillet or wok with nonfat cooking spray.
- Add onion and green pepper; stir-fry over medium heat until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove and set aside.
- Coat skillet or wok, again, with nonfat cooking spray. Add chicken pieces and stir-fry over medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Mix vinegar, cornstarch, chicken broth, brown sugar substitute and ketchup together. Add sauce to skillet, or wok, with chicken. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- Return onion and green pepper to skillet or wok. Stir in pineapple chunks. Cover and cook 2 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in tomato just before serving.