Basic Braai Bbq BreadFrom capedread 7 years ago
How to make it
- Mix together flour, salt and sugar. Add yeast and mix.
- Rub margarine into the flour mixture with your fingertips.
- Add just enough lukewarm water (about 315 ml) to form a soft dough.
- Knead dough for about five minutes, until smooth and elastic.
- GRID CAKES WITH FILLING -ROOSTERKOEK
- Mix together two chopped onions and 200 g grated cheese.
- Roll out dough into a rectangle. Sprinkle onion and cheese over half of the dough.
- Fold over the other half and cut into 10 x 10 cm squares. Press sides firmly to seal edges and brush surface with beaten egg.
- Allow to rise for about 15 minutes, until doubled in size.
- Place on a braai (BBQ) grid and braai over medium coals until baked, turning frequently,
- or bake at 200 ºC for 15 minutes.
- jerky Pot Bread -Biltong pot bread
- 50 ml melted margarine
- 500 ml lukewarm water
- 1 kg cake flour
- 300 g finely carved beef jerky
- 10 g instant yeast
- 10 ml salt
- Mix the melted margarine and lukewarm water.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and biltong.
- Add the margarine mixture and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Leave for about 10 minutes.
- Punch down and place the dough in a greased, flat-bottomed cast-iron pot.
- Leave in a warm place to rise until double in bulk.
- Place the pot on a grill over medium coals and place a few coals on top of the lid of the pot.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until the bread is done.