Best Ever Bread StuffingFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 1 loaf firm white bread,cut in 3/4" cubes(8c.) shopping list
- 1/2c margarine shopping list
- 2 onions chopped(2c) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 can (14oz.) chicken broth shopping list
- 2 ribs celery ,chopped(1c) shopping list
- 2 carrots,chopped(3/4c) shopping list
- 2T chopped fresh or 2 t dried sage shopping list
- 11/2 t chopped fresh or 1/2 t dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2c chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1t salt shopping list
- 1/2t pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Arrange bread cubes on 2 baking sheetsin single layer. Bake,turning ocassionlly until lightly toasted,about 10 mins.,set aside.
- Meanwhile in skillet,melt butter over med. heat. Add onions,celery,carrots,sage and thyme. Cook until vegetables soften,about 10 mins. Remove from heat,cool slightly. In a large bowl lightly beat egg,stir in broth,parsley,salt,pepper ,onion mixture and reserved bread cubes.
- Fill turkey body and neck cavitieswith stuffing. Roast as directed and put the rest of the stuffing in a 2qt. casserole and bake 20 mins.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating9 people
Just like my stuffing that I have made for years. It's GREAT. Sometimes I will make up the stuffing and add cooked diced chicken to it and bake it. Makes my mouth water thinking about it and since I have some chicken in fridge I do believe that is go...moremodmom50 in Lawrence loved it
Great stufing recipe high5 and delicousmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it