Potato And Corn ChowderFrom martyk35 7 years ago
- 1 Tablespoon oil shopping list
- 3 oz. slab bacon or ham chopped into 1/4-inch cubes shopping list
- 3 small waxy potatoes peeled and cut into 1/3-inch cubes shopping list
- 2 cups of corn kernals (fresh, frozen, or canned) shopping list
- 1 quart chicken or vegetable stock shopping list
- 2 cups of heavy cream or hal-and-half shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cliantro leaves shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, the brown the bacon cubes over low heat for 6-9 minutes. Add the potatoes and corn and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the corn and potato juices have evaporated.
- 2. Add the stock and bring to a boil the reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender to a point of a sharp knife. Add the cream and simmer for another 5 minutes. Season to taste. Stir in cliantro just before serving.
- TIP: You can add a diuced red bell pepper witht he potatoes and corn for added color, and also a nice chopped clove of garlic with the stock for extra flavor