Christmas Tree Bread From FleischmanFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 envelope (1/2 ounce or 4 1/2 tsp) Fleischmann's RapidRise yeast shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 egg, large shopping list
- cinnamon Filling: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. shopping list
- maraschino cherries shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/3 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt.
- Heat milk, water, and butter until very warm (120 to 130 F).
- Gradually add to dry ingredients.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add egg and 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in remaining flour to make a stiff batter.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
- Prepare cinnamon filling. I
- n a bowl, cut 1/2 cup butter into 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar and 3 tablespoons sugar until crumbly.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- Remove dough from refrigerator.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 18- x 10-inch rectangle. Sprinkle Cinnamon Filling over dough to within 1 / 2-inch of edges. Fold crosswise in thirds, to enclose filling.
- Press edges to seal.
- Using a dough wheel cut dough into 16 strips.
- Holding ends of each strip, tie into a knot.
- On lower third of large greased baking sheet, arrange 5 knots in a row, with edges touching.
- Build a tree with additional rows of knots – 4 knots in second row, 3 knots in third row, 2 knots in fourth row, and one for top of tree.
- Place remaining knot at bottom center of tree to make a trunk.
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes or until done.
- Decorate with maraschino cherries, if desired.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!