Hot German potato saladFrom leroux 8 years ago
How to make it
- Boil potatoes in their skins.
- Fry bacon til crisp, then cook onion in bacon drippings.
- Peel potatoes and cut intp bite-sized pieces.( Also good with skin left on)
- Crumble bacon over potatoes.
- Heat bacon drippings, onion, vinegar, sugar,water and celery seed til boiling and pour over hot potatoes. Make sure liquid and potatoes are very hot when mixed together. Mix well. Add salt & pepper to taste, put in 2 and 1/2 quart casserole and bake, uncovered at 300 degrees for 30 minutes.
- You can prepare this ahead and refrigerate, as it does taste better the second day. Just be sure to serve it hot!
The Cookleroux Surfside Beach, SC
The Rating3 people
This looks good. I used to have a friend that was a german lady. She used to make this and I just loved it. I can't wait to try this.oregongrandma in loved it
Very Good! Needed a salad to go with my brats and kraut. Serving for only two and maybe a bit extra for lunch. Use the fingering potatoes to make it quick and yum, so good, fast too. Best of all have some for lunch and should be marinated well by th...moredjimmey in EATONVILLE loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!