Ham Glazed With Root BeerFrom lor 6 years ago
- 1 (4 lb.) cured smoked ham shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard (optional) shopping list
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 24 ounces root beer (2 cans) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tabasco shopping list
- 6 cloves (optional) shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- 1/2 orange juice and zest of shopping list
- 1/2 lemon, rind or zest of shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the ham in a broiling pan and cut shallow slits in a criss-cross pattern across the top half.
- Combine brown sugar, dry mustard and butter and pat it all over the ham.
- Put the ham in the oven.
- Combine all the other ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower to a simmer, and cook until the liquid volumne is reduced to about one cup.
- Spoon some of the glaze over the top of the ham.
- Spoon more glaze, at 15-minute intervals, until it is all gone.
- Continue baking until the ham reaches an internal temperature of 160-degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for about one hour before carving.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating1 people
Oh I bet this is good, I did a version once with Dr. Pepper and it was awesome!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it