Pickled SalmonFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1/2 cups white vinegar shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt shopping list
- 12 bay leaves shopping list
- 4 tablespoons mixed pickling spices shopping list
- 4 white or yellow onions sliced 1/4" thick shopping list
- 4 pounds salmon fillets skin and bones removed shopping list
How to make it
- Bring vinegar, water, sugar and salt to a boil then let mixture cool completely.
- Cut salmon into pieces that are approximately 1" by 2".
- In glass bowl place a layer of salmon pieces then a sprinkling of pickling spices and bay leaves.
- Layer half of the onions on top then repeat layering of salmon, spices and onions.
- Pour cooled marinade over fish.
- Cover container and refrigerate for 3-5 days.
- Serve salmon along with its marinated onions and rye bread.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!