Gluten Free Rolled Sugar CookiesFrom lor 6 years ago
- 1 cup rice flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour shopping list
- 1 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 2-1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter Flavour Crisco shopping list
- Note: You can use 1/2 cup Crisco and 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 cup potato starch, for kneading shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Have on hand 2 ungreased cookie sheets.
- In a small bowl, whish together the flour mix, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, cream sugar and crisco.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients, mixing enough to combine.
- The dough will be a soft ball.
- With your hands, knead in enough of the potato starch to make the dough easy to handle and roll out.
- Using about half at a time, place a piece of plastic wrap over the ball and roll out to about 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes and place on pan.
- Decorate with coloured sugars before baking or use frosting to decorate after baking.
- (With this dough, you can use all the scraps.)
- Just scrape them together and roll out again.
- They will not get tough.
- Bake for about 13 minutes.
- Cool slightly before removing from the pan.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating1 people
Love this but what is xanthan gum? thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it