Chocolatey Chocolate Fudge CookiesFrom lor 5 years ago
- 12 oz. package (2 cups) of semi-sweet chocolate pieces shopping list
- 4 oz. of bittersweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 2 oz. of unsweetened chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup of walnuts or pecans shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons of salted butter shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup rice flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet with unsalted butter.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, 2 oz. of unsweetened chocolate, and 2 Tablespoons of salted butter. Remove from heat; add the eggs, sugar, rice flour, vanilla, and baking powder.
- Beat until combined, scraping sides of the pan.
- Stir in bittersweet chocolate pieces, the rest of the chocolate chips, and the 1 cup of walnuts.
- Drop about a teaspoonful of cookie dough on the greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes or until the surface of the cookie looks dull and cracked.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- This recipe makes about 36 cookies.
- To freeze: These cookies freeze well in an airtight container with a piece of parchment between the layers of cookies for up to three months. The cookies need to cool completely before freezing.
- Note: Elizabeth Barbone’s cookbook, "Easy Gluten-Free Baking", suggests using salted butter in place of unsalted. Salted butter makes gluten-free baked goods more flavourful.