Squid ChardonnayFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 heads garlic, peeled shopping list
- 2 pounds squid, cleaned and rinsed, the bodies cut into 1/2-inch rings, the tentacles split if large shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste shopping list
- 1 cup Chardonnay shopping list
- 1 pound new red potatoes, quartered and steamed until cooked shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in an oven-proof pot.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cloves barely begin to color.
- Add the squid and stir briefly.
- Still over medium-low heat, sprinkle on the paprika and cornstarch and stir well.
- Add the cinnamon, tarragon, and pepper, and stir to blend.
- Add the wine; stir, raise the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Stir once more, cover, and place in the oven.
- When the squid has cooked for 1 hour, remove it from the oven and stir, mashing the garlic cloves along the sides of the pot.
- Squid will have shrunk considerably. If it is swimming in a good deal of liquid, remove the cover. If not, leave the cover on the pot.
- Return the squid to the oven for another 30 minutes. Add the cooked potatoes, stir and serve.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
This sounds excellent. Very creative. Thanks.merlin in San Francisco loved it
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy456 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Whole Foods142 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
FRESH HERB NUT31 members