Nicoles Chicken EnchiladasFrom maxiwings 6 years ago
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 pint sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese1 shopping list
- tablespoon dried parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced (although I usually add much more) shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) jar taco sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded mexican cheese (the four cheeses one by Kraft) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil chicken breasts for 20-30 minutes and shred chicken. (Sometimes, I will do this ahead of time and keep it in the fridge or freezer until I need it)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium, non-stick skillet over medium heat heat chicken, onion, sour cream, 1 c. cheese, parsley, oregano and ground black pepper. Heat until cheese melts. Stir in salt, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, green pepper and garlic.
- Roll even amounts of the mixture in the tortillas. Arrange in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with taco sauce and 3/4 cup cheese. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.