Creamy Chicken Noodle SoupFrom craftyazgirl 9 years ago
- 1 chicken, cut up shopping list
- water shopping list
- 4 celery stalks, sliced shopping list
- 1 onion,chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 3 cups thin egg noodles shopping list
- 1 cup hal-and-half shopping list
How to make it
- In a Dutch oven or stewing pot, cover chicken with water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes or until tender. Remove chiken. Reserve broth.
- Bone and shred chicken. Set aside. Discard bones and skin.
- Saute celery and onion in butter until soft. Add flour. Cook, stirring, until golden brown. Add reserved broth, salt and black pepper. Bring to boil.
- Add noodles. Cook until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in reserved chicken and half-and-half