Green Bean CasseroleFrom bluexoxo 9 years ago
- 2lbs green beans shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 1 small pepper shopping list
- 6oz fresh button mushrooms sliced shopping list
- 3oz cream cheese shopping list
- 3oz goat cheese shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- soy sauce OR balsamic vinegar shopping list
- brown sugar shopping list
- bread crumbs shopping list
- flat leaf parsley (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Start with fresh whole beans, trimmed or frozen green beans. Cook in a small amount of boiling water - just enough to cover - for about 3 minutes
- In a casserole combine green beans with fresh button mushrooms and sliced red sweet peppers. Toss with olive oil and soy sauce or balsamic vinegar to coat. Roast at 375 F for 15 minutes.
- Sweeten onion wedges by sauteeing in olive oil and brow sugar until tender. Toss with dry bread crumbsto coat for classic onion ring crispiness.
- For a note of tanginess, blend softened cream cheese with goat cheese.
- Toss with warm vegetables and place in baking dish. Top with onions.
- Bake in 400F oven 5-8 minutes just until heated through and onion rings are crispy.
- Garnish with snipped fresh parsley
The Cookbluexoxo Willow Grove, PA
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!