Sourdough Banana BreadFrom julesong 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 cup mashed bananas shopping list
- 1 cup sourdough starter shopping list
- 2 cups unbleached flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or grated orange rind shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together the shortening and sugar, add egg and mix until blended.
- Stir in bananas and sourdough starter.
- Add orange peel or vanilla.
- Stir flour and measure again with salt, baking powder and soda.
- Add flour mixture and walnuts to the first mixture, stirring until just blended.
- Pour into greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool to cold before slicing.