Cowboy CaviarFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup light sour cream shopping list
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 can chopped olives shopping list
- 1 onion, minced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 T. lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped shopping list
- cherry tomatoes shopping list
- little red peppers shopping list
- tortilla chips shopping list
How to make it
- Hard boil the eggs and let cool
- Blend softened cream cheese and sour cream and spread in a low, flat dish
- Mix beans, chopped olives, garlic, lemon juice, and spices.
- Adjust spices to taste.
- Cover sour cream with bean mixture.
- Finely chop eggs and sprinkle evenly over top of bean mixture
- Sprinkle green onions over egg mixture
- Quarter cherry tomatoes and arrange decoratively around edges and center.
- cut small red chilis in little circles and spinke around.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes (or paprika) for extra spice and color.
- Serve as a dip, with tortilla chips