First Place Award Winning Onion SoupFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 quarts water shopping list
- 2 large sweet onions sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon beef base shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese plus additional for garnish shopping list
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup freshly grated swiss cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In large pot combine water, onions, base, thyme and bay leaves.
- Boil until onions are transparent.
- Strain onions from stock and reserve both.
- In small pot melt butter then add flour stirring until smooth and cook 2 minutes.
- Return stock to large pot and bring to boil.
- Slowly add roux to stock stirring until soup has thickened slightly.
- Add onions to pan along with Worcestershire sauce, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour soup into individual bowls and top with Swiss cheese and additional Parmesan.
- Set in preheated oven and cook 5 minutes then serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!