Lor Mai Kai Glutinous Rice ChickenFrom dailypatnews 7 years ago
- Quarter chicken cut to bite sizes (700g) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce - marinate shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of five spice powder - marinate shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of pepper - marinate shopping list
- 2 tablespoon of rice wine - marinate shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce - marinate shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of teriyaki sauce - marinate shopping list
- 2 tablespoon of corn flour - marinate shopping list
- 3 cups of glutinous rice - soaked for about 4hrs shopping list
- 1 cup of water shopping list
- 5 tablespoon of garlic shopping list
- 2 teaspoon of shallot shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of oil shopping list
- 4 chinese dried mushrooms (soaked and sliced) shopping list
- 50g sliced pork shopping list
- 1 pinch of salt - pork marinate shopping list
- 1 pinch of pepper - pork marinate shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of hoisin sauce - pork marinate shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce - pork marinate shopping list
- 9pcs of dried musssels shopping list
- 2 tablespoon of dried shrimps shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon of oil shopping list
- 9pcs of aluminium bowl shopping list
- 3 cups of water for steaming shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate chicken with the marinate ingredients for 4hrs.
- Marinate pork sliced with pork marinate ingredients for 4hrs
- Saute shallot for 1mins and add in garlic. Fry till almost golden, add in glutinous rice.
- Fry the mixture for 2 mins, add in water and steam till water fully absorbed. Set aside.
- Use the 1/2 tbsp oil to fry the dried shrimps. After 1min, add in dried mussels. Fry for 2mins and set aside.
- Lay chickens, mushrooms, pork, dried mussels and dried shrimps on the aluminium bowl.
- Cover it with the glutinous rice.
- Steam over boiling water for 20mins.
- When serving, cup the aluminium bowl over a plate and the lor mai kai will come off. Served with chilli sauce.
The Cookdailypatnews Miri, MY
- Not added to any groups yet!