VichyssoiseFrom oldgringo 7 years ago
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chopped white part of leeks shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes shopping list
- 2 cup cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup of minced chives shopping list
How to make it
- On a low heat, saute leeks, onion, and celery; cook until tender. Do NOT brown.
- Add sauteed vegetables to stock along with potatoes; bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are soft.
- Press through sieve or blend in a processor. Cool. Add cream to soup, salt and pepper then chill the soup thoroughly.
- Top each serving with sprinkling of chopped chives.
- Note: This soup was created by Louis Diat, chef at the Ritz-Carlton in New York, to commemorator the opening of their summer roof garden restaurant. Although, he created this soup in America; he named the soup for his hometown, Vichy, in France.