Lemon Poppy Seed CakeFrom susana 8 years ago
- 1(16-oz)box pound cake mix shopping list
- 1/2-cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2-cup water shopping list
- 2-eggs shopping list
- 4-tspn McCormick Pure lemon extract shopping list
- 2-tbspn McCormick Poppy Seed shopping list
- FOR glaze shopping list
- 1 ½-cups confectioners’ sugar shopping list
- 1-tbspn water shopping list
- 1/2-tspn McCormick Pure orange extract (yes, Orange - have faith - it goes together perfectly) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat cake mix, sour cream, water, eggs and extract in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just to moisten.
- Beat on medium speed for three (3) minutes.
- Stir in poppy seed until well blended.
- Pour into greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Invert cake onto wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar or drizzle with Lemon Glaze.
- (I used the glaze)
- Mix the sugar water and orange extract in a medium bowl until smooth. (If glaze is too thick, stir in 1 to 3 tspn water until glaze is desired consistency.