Deluxe German Potato SaladFrom zena824 7 years ago
- 1/2 pound bacon shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 2 carrots, shredded shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 5 pounds unpeeled red new potatoes, cooked and sliced shopping list
- additional salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain, reserving 1/4 cup drippings.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Saute the celery and onion in drippings until tender.
- Combine sugar and flour; add to skillet with vinegar, water, salt and mustad.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, carrots. and parsley; pour the sauce over this and stir gently to coat.
- Season to taste with additional salt.
- Spoon into serving dish and garnish with crumbled bacon.
- Serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!