Lemon Soy ChickenFrom craftyazgirl 6 years ago
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves ( about 4oz each ) shopping list
- --------- FOR THE marinade ---------- shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- Sliced green onion for garnish, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag set in large bowl.
- Prepare marinade in a small bowl. Combine wine, lemon juice, green onion, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Reserve 1/2 cup of marinade. Pour remainder over chicken. Close bag, pressing out any air. Refrigerate for 30 mnutes.
- Spray a large skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Add chicken to skillet. Discard marinade in bag. Cook over medium heat, turning once, until golden, about 7 minutes. Add reserved marinade to skillet; bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Cook, covered, until chicken is no longer pink, about 20 minutes.
- Cut chicken into thin slices. Arrange on serving plates; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Bring marinade to a boil again. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Add mixture to skillet; cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Spoon over chicken, garnish with sliced green onion.