Multi-Grain BreadFrom magandab 7 years ago
- 1-1/2 cup low fat or non-fat milk (I use low fat buttermilk) shopping list
- 3 eggs (or 2 eggs and 2 egg whites) shopping list
- 2-1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 tbsp sugar (do not use splenda or other artificial sweetener) shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill 10 grain flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup rye flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup wheat germ shopping list
- 1/3 cup wheat bran shopping list
- (OR USE ANY MIXTURE OF WHOLE GRAIN flourS, TOTAL 4-1/2 CUPS) shopping list
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed (optional) shopping list
- 4 Tblsp. vital wheat gluten shopping list
- 1 Tblsp. yeast shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry roasted sunflower seeds (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place milk, eggs, salt, sugar and oil in bread machine pan.
- 2. Whisk flours and gluten together in medium bowl, add to bread machine pan.
- 3. Add yeast to bread machine
- 4. Select dough cycle.
- 5. Check dough ball after 5-10 minutes. IIf too dry add 1 Tbsp water at a time. If too moist add 1 Tbsp whole wheat flour at a time.
- 7. At end of cycle, remove from machine and knead down. Divide in half.
- 8. Lightly flour two bread pans (or spray with non-stick spray. Sprinkle in sunflower seeds to barely cover bottom
- 9. Knead the remaining sunflower seeds into the dough.
- 10. Shape dough on counter to form two loaves to fit your pans. Put loaves in pans.
- 11 Cover pans loosely with towel, and set in warm place
- (i.e. top of refrigerator, top of water heater, in oven with pilot
- light) or on counter
- 9. When loaves have risen (usually 2 hours) to desire height, bake at 375 degree F oven for 30-40 minutes or until browned and hollow sounding when tapped with a finger.
- 10. Remove to rachs and allow to completely cool.
- 11. Slice thinly. Place in freezer bag. Will keep for several weeks.
- 12. Remove slice/s as desired. Defrosts in 10 minutes or toast
- directly from freezer
The Cookmagandab Apple Valley, US
- Not added to any groups yet!