BANANA CRANBERRY HOLIDAY BREADFrom magandab 7 years ago
- 2 tblsp. butter shopping list
- 1 12 oz bag cranberries, fresh or frozen shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 large orange shopping list
- 1 large lemon shopping list
- 2 cups ripe mashed bananas (about 5 med) shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 large egg whites shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 4 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large skillet, over medium heat cook the butter, cranberries, walnuts and cinnamon about 10 minutes, or until cranberries pop, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- 2. Meanwhile grate the peel from both the orange and lemon, and squeeze the juice from both. In a large bowl stir together the peels and juice, banana, brown sugar, white sugar, egg whites and egg.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 350 and grease two 9” x 5” loaf pans. In a medium bowl, stir together the flours, baking powder, soda and salt. Add to egg mixture, stirring to blend. Fold in the cranberry mixture until just mixed (will be streaked). Spoon evenly into the two prepared pans.
- 4. Bake loaves for 50 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
- 5. These can be frozen, wrapped tightly in foil.
- 6. Handy hint. Peel the orange and lemon with a peeler and put pieces in your food processor with the 1/4 cup sugar. Process until finely ground, add to ingredients.