Icebox FruitcakeFrom coffeebean53 6 years ago
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1 16-oz. bag miniature marshmallows shopping list
- 1 lb. box graham crackers crushed shopping list
- 4 cups pecans shopping list
- 1 3.5-oz. can flaked, sweetened coconut shopping list
- 2 8-oz. pkgs. chopped dates shopping list
- 1 16-oz. jar maraschino cherry halves well drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup bourbon shopping list
How to make it
- Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Heat milk and
- marshmallows together over low heat. Stir until marshmallows are
- melted (stir constantly because condensed milk scorches easily).
- Remove from heat. Combine graham crackers. pecans, coconut, dates and
- cherries in a bowl. Add bourbon to milk-marshmallow mixture and pour
- over graham cracker mixture. Mix well. Scoop mixture into prepared pan
- and mold to fit the pan. Pack the mixture tightly so there are no air
- pockets. Refrigerate for 2 days or longer before serving. Cut
- 1/2-inch slices to serve.
- Note: Line your pan with parchment paper for easier removal of the
- cake. Simply cut the parchment paper to cover the bottom and sides of
- the pan and overlap the paper outside the pan so you can lift the cake
- out after refrigeration.
- Yields: About 15 slices.