Coq Au VinFrom oldgringo 6 years ago
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 lb whole chicken; cut into 8 pieces shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 3 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 6 black peppercorns shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 2 dried bay leaves shopping list
- 1 minced garlic clove shopping list
- 12 white boiling onions; peeled & trimmed shopping list
- 12 whole button mushrooms; cleaned & trimmed shopping list
How to make it
- Brown the chicken pieces in heated oil. Remove chicken pieces as they brown. Add flour and make a light brown roux.
- Add the stock and wine and mix to make a uniform sauce. Return the chicken pieces.
- Add the seasonings, garlic, onions and mushrooms and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a slow simmer, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- oldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔