Frog Eye SaladFrom crossfire 8 years ago
- 1 box Acini de Pepe shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 beaten eggs shopping list
- 2 T flour shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup pineapple juice (saved from drained fruit) shopping list
- 1 T lemon juice shopping list
- 3 cans mandarin oranges shopping list
- 2 (20 oz) cans pineapple chunks shopping list
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple shopping list
- 1 cup mini marshmallows shopping list
- 9 oz Cool Whip shopping list
How to make it
- Cook Acini de Pepe according to direction on box, rinse in cold water and cool.
- meanwhile make sauces as follows:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 T flour
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- mix the above ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until mixture is thick. Cool thoroughly and mix with Acini de Pepe. Refridge over night in air tight container.
- Drain the canned fruit thoroughly. I put it in a strainer over a bowl and leave in the fridge over night.
- fold the drained fruit, mini marshmallows and cool whip to acini de pepe mix.
- This salad will keep for 1 week in fridge.
The Cookcrossfire Garner, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!