Giblet GravyFrom gingerlea 9 years ago
- As always, don't pay any attention to my prep and cook time. shopping list
- As many giblets (chicken or turkey livers, hearts and gizzards) as you need to make as much gravy as you need. shopping list
- turkey or chicken neck or two. shopping list
- 1 medium onion diced shopping list
- 2 stalks of celery diced shopping list
- dried sage, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. shopping list
- Hard boiled egg or two. shopping list
- water. You can use canned or homemade chicken broth but by using necks you are making broth. shopping list
How to make it
- In heavy duty sauce pan place water, giblets, necks, onion, celery, herbs and seasoning.
- Bring to boil then turn down to low or warm and gently boil until giblets and necks are thoroughly done.
- Take giblets out, drain in colander and cool. When cool cut up in small pieces and put back in broth.
- Chop up boiled eggs and put in broth.
- Bring back to a boil and thicken with whatever kind of thickening agent you prefer. I use ice cold water and all purpose unbleached flour.
- Taste to see if you need more herbs or seasoning.