Artichokes Stuffed With ShrimpFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
How to make it
- Remove stems from artichokes and cut 1/2" off the tops and snip off sharp tips.
- Cook tightly then cover with boiling water, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 2 teaspoons salt.
- Cook for 40 minutes then drain well.
- Bring one quart water to a boil add one tablespoon lemon juice and two teaspoons salt.
- Add shrimp and bring the water to a boil again.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered three to five minutes or until shrimp have turned pink.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the water the shrimp were cooked in.
- Drain peel and clean shrimp and reserve 18 shrimp for garnish.
- Place remaining shrimp in a blender with the reserved liquid and remaining lemon juice.
- Add seasonings and mayonnaise then blend until shrimp are broken up.
- Chill for 30 minutes then fill artichokes and garnish with remaining shrimp.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!