German Apple CakeFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 5 baking apple or cooking apples shopping list
- 5 Tbl. sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 3 cup unsifted shopping list
- 2-1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/3 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbl. soft margarine or soft butter shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1-2 Tbl. water shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube or bundt pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Peel apples, core and thinly slice. In bowl, toss apple slices with 5 Tbl. sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon; set aside.
- 3. In large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, eggs, oil, vanilla, orange juice, baking soda and baking powder.
- 4. With mixer, blend together on low speed for one minute.
- 5. Clean down side of bowl with scraper. Increase speed medium and blend for 3 minutes. You will have very thick dough.
- 6. Fill prepared pan with alternating layer batter and apples. Make total of 3 batter layers and 2 apple layers. Start and finish with batter.
- 7. Bake for 1-1/2 - 1/3/4 hours or until cake tests clean.
- 8. Cool on rack 10 minutes, then invert cake, remove pan. Allow cake to cool on rack.
- 9. Make glaze - Mix confectioner's sugar, butter, vanilla and water until smooth. Drizzle on cooked cake.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!