Hard Apple Cider CakeFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 6 c. flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1 c. butter, softened 3 c. sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 c. cider ( hard apple cider, not sparkling, is what I use. Any good cider should work but something dry rather than sweet is best.) shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, soda, salt and nutmeg and set aside. In an electric mixer, cream butter well, add sugar gradually, creaming until fluffy, then add eggs one at a time and beat thoroughly. On low or "stir" speed, add the flour mixture alternately with the cider, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Grease two loaf pans (or four smaller ones) and distribute batter evenly. Bake at 350 F for about one hour (gas oven may take 10 minutes longer) until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Keep moist with a chunk of apple in the container.
- Freezes well.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!