Potato Skin NachosFrom flavorsofitaly 8 years ago
- 4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed well shopping list
- 1/4 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 (8 oz) jar taco sauce shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped (be sure to wash hands well after handling jalapenos!) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 Tbl minced fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F. Bake potatoes in the oven for 1 hour. Remove, leaving oven on, allow potatoes to cool until they can be easily handled.
- Halve the potatoes lengthwise, and scoop out pulp, leaving shells 1/2 inch thick. Halve each shell again lengthwise, then halve each crosswise.
- Arrange skins, flesh side up, on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with chili powder and salt. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine taco sauce, cheese peppers garlic, and cilantro in a small bowl. Spoon the mixture onto the hot potato skins.
- With oven rack 4 inches from heat, broil the skins for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
The Cookflavorsofitaly Memphis, TN
The Rating1 people
i will definitely cook these for my family.. they LOVE any and all potatoe dishes.. and this will be great with taco meat dishes, 7- layers dips, beans.. anything you can use as a 'dip'!!! kewl and thank you!!!ladyhvnly in Cottonwood loved it