Sausage Potato and Lima Bean SoupFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1/2 pound rolled sausage shopping list
- 1 cup potato cubes shopping list
- 1 cup dried lima beans shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 7 cups water divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 small white onion chopped shopping list
- Dash cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Place beans and 5 cups water in large saucepan then bring to a boil over high heat and remove from heat.
- Let stand covered for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile crumble sausage into medium skillet and add onion.
- Cook over medium heat until sausage is lightly browned stirring occasionally.
- Drain off any drippings.
- Add sausage mixture and remaining 2 cups water to beans and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer covered for 2 hours.
- Stir in milk, potatoes, salt, black pepper and cayenne.
- Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!