My favourite shrimp scampiFrom kj4yf 7 years ago
- 1 small clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tbsp. minced parsley shopping list
- 1/2 anaheim pepper, sm dice shopping list
- 1/2 large sweet (vadalia) onion, minced shopping list
- Dash Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup cooking oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 12 large raw shrimp, peeled with tails on shopping list
- plain breadcrumbs shopping list
- Melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 7 ingredients. Marinate shrimp overnight in mixture. Remove shrimp from marinade. Immediately roll, undrained, in breadcrumbs. Place on combination broiling and serving platter if you have one. Drizzle melted butter over shrimp. Add marinade to 1/8 in. in bottom of broiler pan. Broil slowly on low heat until done.
- I use Tabasco sauce in place of pepper; it blends better with other ingredients. Use white bread crumbs, brown crumbs or crusts will brown too fast during cooking.
- You can also make this on the Stove Top. Saute shrimp in combination with half butter and half cooking oil. When done, remove from skillet. Reduce marinade in skillet, pour over shrimp and serve.
- DON'T OVERCOOK THE SHRIMP OR THEY LOSE THEIR SWEETNESS
The Cookkj4yf Fort Pierce, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!