Moms Best BrowniesFrom coffeebean53 9 years ago
- 1/2 c. cake flour, sifted shopping list
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar shopping list
- 6 TB unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 2 TB vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 TB chopped walnuts, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8" square baking pan with vegetable cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and salt. Mix well. In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, egg, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until just lended; do not overmix. Pour batter into prepared pan; sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake until just set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Place pan on a wire rack and cool for at least 15 minutes. Cut brownies into squares and place on a serving plate.
- For slightly chewier brownies, replace the 1/2 c. of cake flour with 7 TB of all purpose flour. Sifting is not necessary. Proceed with the recipe as directed. Also, instead of walnuts, try sprinkling brownie batter with chopped pecans or almonds.