Kerala AdaiFrom vvskgn 6 years ago
- 2 par boiled rice shopping list
- 1/2 glass yellow split pea shopping list
- 1/4 glass red lentils shopping list
- 1/4 glass Broken black lentils shopping list
- Asafoetida or hing- 1 tbl spoon shopping list
- Curry leaves- 2 hand ful shopping list
- Whole Red chillies- 10 shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- l shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Soak all the lentils separately and the par boiled rice separately for at least 6hrs.
- 2. Grind the rice first and pour it in the batter bowl and then grind the lentils along with the spices. All the ingredients should be ground coarsely with salt.
- 3. Add water and grind. The batter should be thick.
- 4. Take a non-stick pan and warm it, and pour like a crepe. Add oil and wait till the side cooks well. You have to have a flat spoon to spread it like a crepe.
- 5. Once the side is cooked, turn it over.
- 6. If you want it crispier, you can add more oil and leave it for some for time.
- 1) You have to grind the rice in an blender, food processor won't do the job right.
- 2) If you grind the rice well, don't worry, you can put the lentil mix in a food processor and pulse really well and add water gradually.
- 3) You can have this along with Jaggery or Gur ( Unrefined Indian raw sugar, usually comes in a block) or brown sugar, plain sugar along w/ clarified butter .
- You can also eat it with Sambar (thick lentil soup), recipes available on the web.
- I know, it looks complicated, but I assure you, if you like spicy, this dish won't dissappoint you!
- Hope you enjoy it. Happy cooking!