Seared Salmon With Cilantro-Cucumber SalsaFrom dariana 8 years ago
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, halved, lengthwise, seeded, halved lengthwise again, and thinly sliced crosswise shopping list
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered shopping list
- 1/2 yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch julienne3 shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons chopped shallot or red onion shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (fresh coriander) plus sprigs for garnish shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon honey shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 salmon fillets, each 5 oz., about 1 inch thick shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- lime wedges for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, shallot, and chopped cilantro. Toss gently to mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, 1 teaspoon of the canola oil, the honey, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Pour the lime mixture over the cucumber mixture and toss gently to mix and coat evenly. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the salmon fillets on both sides with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the black pepper. In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the remaining ½ teaspoon canola oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the fish to the pan and cook, turning once, until opaque throughout when tested with the tip of a knife, 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the salmon fillets to warmed individual plates and top each with one-fourth of the salsa. Garnish the plates with the cilantro sprigs and lime wedges. Serve immediately.
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating7 people
This looks really good - I look forward to trying it. = )sunny in Portland loved it
Gals, this one is delightful, ty both for your comments.dariana in loved it
I'll try the Cilantro-cucumber Salsa tonight with my Planked Salmon recipe.dixonrohr in Summit loved it