Slow Cooker Chocolate Zucchini CakeFrom hooch 9 years ago
- 3 cups (300-350g) grated zucchini shopping list
- 1/2 cup canola oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup yoghurt, plain or flavoured shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups standard (plain) flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup cocoa shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice shopping list
- 1/2-1 cup chocolate chips or pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Using a 5.5-6l slow cooker this recipe makes a large cake, 6-7cm deep. You can halve the mixture if you?re using a smaller cooker (use two small eggs instead of 1 1/2 large ones!)
- Set the slow cooker to HIGH and line it with non-stick sprayed baking paper.
- Grate the zucchini by hand or in a food processor, then set aside. Measure the oil and sugars into a food processor or an electric beater and process to combine. Add the eggs and beat or process until light and creamy looking. Add the vanilla and yoghurt and mix well.
- Sift the the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into the food processor or mixer. Add the spices and then mix just enough to combine. Add the zucchini and fold by hand to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared slow cooker, sprinkle the surface with the chocolate chips, then cover with the lid and cook for about 2 hours on HIGH or until the centre feels firm and a skewer comes out clean (this may vary from 90 minutes to 2 1/2 hours depending on the size and model of slow cooker, and the moisture content of the zucchini).
- When the cake is cooked, lift the insert from the slow cooker, remove the lid and leave to cool for 20-20 minutes before carefully inverting the bowl onto a rack to cool completely.