Apple Stuffed SquashFrom smurfetta 9 years ago
- 2 x acorn squash halved and seeded shopping list
- 1 tbl Melted butter shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 cup Cooked white or brown rice (preferrably cooked in chicken broth) shopping list
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup Chopped toasted pecans shopping list
- 1/4 cup Packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup Finely minced onion shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 4 sm apple wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Place squash cut-side down in shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Turn squash cut-side up; brush with butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and cinnamon.
- Combine rice, applesauce, celery, pecans, brown sugar, onion and ginger.
- Fill squash evenly with stuffing.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with apple wedges.