Thyme Blintzes with Gorgonzola and Smoked HamFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
How to make it
- Whisk together in a large bowl the eggs, milk, 1/3 cup of water and the butter. Then add the thyme. Then whisk in the flour and the salt. Be sure to whisk all the lumps out. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least ½ an hour.
- In a small non-stick pan, add a thin pat of butter and let melt. When pan is hot and butter has melted, pour a thin layer of batter in the pan, just enough to cover the bottom. Let batter cook until holes appear in the crepe. Flip to the other side. Repeat with rest of batter. Makes about two dozen four inch crepes.
- 1 cup of Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup of diced smoked ham.
- ½ tsp garlic
- ½ tsp pepper, ¼ tsp salt
- Fresh parsley to color the filling
- Add the filling to the crepes and fold over to a square and bake till soft and hot, in a 350-degree oven until cheese melts about 10 minutes. Top the blintzes with a sprinkling of Gorgonzola before placing in the oven. Serve on garnished platter.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!