Green Peppercorn SteakFrom tsehnert 8 years ago
- 2 Tbl greeen peppercorns (poivre vert), rinsed, drained. Found in jars or cans and are preserved in a brine. shopping list
- 1 Tbl soft butter shopping list
- 1 tsp dijon style mustard shopping list
- 4-8 ounce fillets shopping list
- 1 Tbl peanut oil or butter shopping list
- 2 Tbl brandy shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 shallot, choppped fine shopping list
- 1 tsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
How to make it
- Crush all but 1 tsp of the green peppercorns. Mix to a paste with butter and mustard. Spread mixture over both sides of steaks. Cover and refridgerate for up to 2 hours. In a heavy 10-inch frying pan over moderately high heat saute steaks in oil or butter until well browned on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side for rare to med-rare. Remove pan from heat. Sprinkle brandy over steaks and ignite it; baste with juices until flames go out. Remove steaks to warm platter, season with salt and tent with foil. Stir shallot, tomato paste, cream and wine into same pan, scraping pan drippings into sauce. Add remaining whole peppercorns. Boil rapidly, stirring frequently, until sauce is thickened. Pour sauce over steaks.
The Cooktsehnert Lincoln, NE
- Not added to any groups yet!